You are entering Kristi's world of snippets, doo-dads, tid-bits, scraps.....well, you get the idea!
A gentle word of CAUTION:
There is no rhyme or reason to what you may find here!! I will simply share with you the STUFF I find, or.........should I say, the STUFF that finds me! I could be rummaging or hunting OR sometimes it comes from out of no where, but nonetheless, the STUFF is there and it is REAL!


I am notorious for hoarding! You might ask: What is she gonna do with all that STUFF? Check my Etsy site for creations made from my stashes! Just click on the picture above to go to my site! You might get LUCKY! Something you see HERE could be for SALE!

Friday, May 1, 2009

MAY DAY


HAPPY MAY DAY!!

May 1st...It's May Day. I like it because spring is in the air and the hot weather has not yet invaded. I mostly think I like it because it is another excuse to tell people you are thinking of them AND you do it with FLOWERS!

I don't remember when May Day became a big deal to me. In 8th grade I had a MATH teacher, Miss Laura Coil. I despised math but thought the WORLD of her. She had a rabbit named Crumpet, whom she gave daily updates on. She had a witty sense of humor and told us jokes that to this day I remember some of. Mostly I loved that she loved us. We all knew she did. I remember that year making up my first May Day bouquet. I delivered it to her. Perhaps that is when May Day sentiments were born in me...8th grade Math...and a teacher who really loved me!

Since I can't knock and run a bouquet to each of your door-steps, I would like to deliver one to you just the same. It's May Day...and you are LOVED!!

3 comments:

Mom said...

What beautiful flowers....just like you! Did you raise them? Really love the sweet music on your blog....very special. Thank you for making our May day so divine! Put your name on the prayer roll today. HUGS!!!

Maren said...

I ALWAYS think of you on May Day because you are known for delivering beautiful flowers in the most creative vases!

Nalene said...

I'm a little late to respond. We have been out of town and for a while I couldn't get your blog to pull up. I am happy you are back in reaching distance from my computer. Thanks for the flowers! They are so beautiful!