You are entering Kristi's world of snippets, doo-dads, tid-bits, scraps.....well, you get the idea!
A gentle word of CAUTION:
There is no rhyme or reason to what you may find here!! I will simply share with you the STUFF I find, or.........should I say, the STUFF that finds me! I could be rummaging or hunting OR sometimes it comes from out of no where, but nonetheless, the STUFF is there and it is REAL!


I am notorious for hoarding! You might ask: What is she gonna do with all that STUFF? Check my Etsy site for creations made from my stashes! Just click on the picture above to go to my site! You might get LUCKY! Something you see HERE could be for SALE!

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Hmmmmmmmm! Little did I know when I sent you all the Lemon Square recipe that is would become a sort of mascot for the days ahead!

To FINALLY find out what was wrong with my leg was a great relief!! It had been like fighting an invisible monster!! To find out that I had a shattered vertabrae caused by a tumor in my spine finally brought it out in the open! YUCKY-the monster may be UUUUGLY but now we can see what we are fighting! The surgery to remove as much tumor as possible and rebuild my spine took heavy duty hospital time. 9 days to be exact! Each of those 9 days was filled with well wishers, family and hospital food. I had been eating it for more than a week. That is 9 X 3 meals a day. On the last day, as you can imagine, I was so READY to be home, but it was evening meal time before I got the final OK from the last Dr. A meal tray was brought in just as I was getting ready to get into the wheel chair that would take me outside into the fresh air and HOME! Eating was not my top priority at that juncture! My nurse coaxed me with "You might as well eat since it is here". I didn't want to seem ungrateful so I took a stab at the meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Then I saw it...after 27 other meal trays, there it was...a LEMON SQUARE!! I swallowed the lump in my throat, and silently gave a little extra thanks. Yep-- it's still true. That seemingly bitter fruit can be sweetened to the point of joy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're not eating hospital food anymore! That's a neat story about the Lemon Squares though. I'm going to make some tonight I think. I wanted to let you know we're thinking about you though. *hugs*

Nalene said...

What a great attitude! We all need to feel those positive vibes, you know the "lemon squares" that you are an example of. You are inspirational! Thanks! Please know we are thinking of you often and you are in our prayers!