You are entering Kristi's world of snippets, doo-dads, tid-bits, scraps.....well, you get the idea!
A gentle word of CAUTION:
There is no rhyme or reason to what you may find here!! I will simply share with you the STUFF I find, or.........should I say, the STUFF that finds me! I could be rummaging or hunting OR sometimes it comes from out of no where, but nonetheless, the STUFF is there and it is REAL!


I am notorious for hoarding! You might ask: What is she gonna do with all that STUFF? Check my Etsy site for creations made from my stashes! Just click on the picture above to go to my site! You might get LUCKY! Something you see HERE could be for SALE!

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Funeral of our Mother


Mom's funeral was held on March 2, 2010. Its been two months now and we are finally getting around to posting a few pictures. There were so many angels helping and offering there support that day. The funeral luncheon was completely "Kristi" and had all the pink touches! Thank you everyone who helped out and made this day special for our family. Each table centerpiece included a vase from Mom's collection and flowers picked from neighbors gardens, just the way Mom liked to arrange them! And each had a cute flag with a word that described her.




Mom was famous for having an endless supply of Little Debbies goodies, so of course, that was what we had for dessert. This basket was put together by Terri and Lindsee Hill, who made all the adorable rossettes for the daughters and grandaughters to take and wear.

The buffet table was so typical of the way Mom would decorate for a wedding reception, or a family picnic, or a relief society lesson, or anything really! Beautiful!



On display and for the taking, were all kinds of goodies created by Mom. Most of them were for sale on Etsy and other boutiques she participated in!






6 comments:

sunny mesa relief society said...

Thank you for the post of Kristi's funeral luncheon. I thought it very "Kristi" too. I miss her very much. I remember sitting with her over the last few weeks and seeing her smile and face death with such courage. She strengthened me. I remember seeing Afton and Hillary working in the front room to spruce it up. I'd like to see it finished. How's it going? I think of Richard and how difficult this must be. How difficult it must be for Clayton and Afton especially and for everyone else who has lost a mother and grandmother. I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Lana Dalton

L~ said...

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR POSTING THE PICTURES!!!!

I means more to me than you'll ever know!

Continuing to lift your entire family up in prayer!

xoxoL~
prim4Him

Karen said...

John and I were in Hawaii when your mom's service was to take place so we needed to miss it, which I hated! I am so glad to see these photos; thank you for posting them. Love and prayers to the entire family. You are all special to me. I've added Hillary's blog to my blogspot blog, would love to be invited to the other siblings' blogs, if any. Mine is: http://johnandkarennickfamily.blogspot.com/
Love,
Karen (formerly Riggs) Nick.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. I'm sure she was so happy to see everyone there loving her so much :)

Celeste Dana said...

Thanks for the pictures. I just came on the blog for a little dose of Kristi and I'm so glad I got to see the pictures of the luncheon. I miss singing with Kristi and hearing the stories of her life as we sometimes spent more time talking than practicing. I hope your family is doing well.
Celeste Dana

karen lindsey said...

hello,

i just popped in, looking at other people's blogs, and saw this lovely tribute to your mother. it's very touching, and i thought you'd like to know it moved even a stranger.