You are entering Kristi's world of snippets, doo-dads, tid-bits, scraps.....well, you get the idea!
A gentle word of CAUTION:
There is no rhyme or reason to what you may find here!! I will simply share with you the STUFF I find, or.........should I say, the STUFF that finds me! I could be rummaging or hunting OR sometimes it comes from out of no where, but nonetheless, the STUFF is there and it is REAL!


I am notorious for hoarding! You might ask: What is she gonna do with all that STUFF? Check my Etsy site for creations made from my stashes! Just click on the picture above to go to my site! You might get LUCKY! Something you see HERE could be for SALE!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Contented Housewife APRONS

My own creation...tah-dah! The CONTENTED HOUSEWIFE apron! I was working on ALTERED ATTIRE one day and thought "HEY-It could be FUN to make an apron out of something else that once was something else!" SOOOO I did.. and here are a few modeled by us GIRLS! For each one I started out with a thrift store blouse, then cut out the back to form a HALTER! I added a FLOUNCE to the bottom and trimmed it in coordinating PRINTED bias tape I found online. You can unbutton the front so it doesn't mess up your hair when you pull it over your head AND it ties in the back for a PERFECT FIT!! A little flirty would you say?!?!
NOTE: All three CONTENTED HOUSEWIFE Aprons are now for sale on my I MADE it FOR YOU site--- yellowbusybeaver.etsy.com

7 comments:

Hillary said...

Finally a CUTE picture of all three of us! LOVE the aprons! SOmeone is sure gonna be lucky to get one!

L~ said...

K!
Whoa, did you ever see the episode of Oprah (no I do not drink the cool-aid on a regular basis I just watched b'cuz of the show topic!HA!)where they had the women entrepreneurers??? The gal that invented those things that stick in the Croc's, they're called "Jibbets?" She sold the company for a huge amount of money & well let's just say her & her husband can retire now!!!
I think you might have found your "Jibbet!"
Sooo cute & clever! I'll take 10 if they make me cute like y'all! :)
xoxoL~

Vanessa said...

Wow! You guys look beautiful! Afton you don't even look like yourself...you look beautiful!

Maren said...

Kristi- You amaze me! Hillary told me about the crepe paper- ridiculous! And although the new crepe paper takes more time, I think it's worth it- I've never seen anything cuter!

Sean and Janet Eyring said...

That Afton sure is a cutie-pie! Looks just like her mom!
Love you Aftie!
--Sean, Janet and boys

Candice said...

Those are crazy cute!! So so fun. I need to do a little shopping... window or otherwise, at your online store!

I have been humming "Oh What Songs", too. Love you!

Amanda C said...

Super Duper Cute!! I really like this great blog of yours. I think I would enjoy cooking so much more in one of these!
Amanda Crookston